Friday, February 19, 2010

The Four J's.....A History lesson


So most of you all don't know that ever since I was a baby I have been a member of a very exclusive society. Free Mason you say? Try again, I'm 1/4 of the Four J's. I suppose it all started when I was born, you know the day the earth stood still, hee hee hee! I guess it really started when my parents decided to call me by the name J.R. as opposed to my real name Gilbert, but J.R., why not call you Junior? I'll tell you.......I dunno, in any case that nickname would stick with me for life.

26 short days later came Jessica, the boss hahahaha. Jessica has always been strong willed and hella' fun to be around. You might see her at her day job pushing paper for "the man" as the Admin assistant for the big boss man orrrrrrrrr you might also catch her tending to her side business which is far more interesting (story for another blog).

Next in line is Joseph "the adorable one". Joseph as always been so kind hearted and super silly. He was lucky enough to live in close proximity to my dear sweet grandma and was totally the apple of her eye. He's now all grown up and married with children and still a truly nice guy.

Last came Joshua "the clown" for now and always. Joshua is the wild child and has always provided plenty of comic relief to this large family of mine. While he has an ultra serious graphic artist job during the day he is also highly motivated and does some killer stuff on the side. If you check out some of his pics, it's quite apparent that nowadays this guy has lots of fun and is truly making the most of his time here on earth.

I can remember us getting annoyed when someone would interrupt our game of "Colored eggs" in grandma's front yard to take a picture of the Four J's. Then as the group of us got older it just seemed silly, like coooooome on do we really have to do this, we are 13 years old already?!?!? It wasn't until Joseph's wedding when my cousin said "hey grab Josh, I wanna take a picture of the Four J's" that I realized that as we all grow older in our busy little lives that it feels super good to be a part of something so special an unique. I no longer think it's silly, I'm no longer bothered when it takes a while to get us all in one spot to take a picture (mostly because I don't play colored eggs anymore). I love this crew deeply, they are my cousins and we will ALWAYS be the Four J's.

4 comments:

  1. J.R. That was beautiful! Isn't it funny? There was no way I was going to leave the wedding without taking our picture. It's an honor and privledge to be a part of the four "Js". We are all so different and we all have our seperate lives yet when we get together we harmonize so perfectly and if seems as if it was just yesterday we were hanging out in front of Grandma's house sneaking some lemons to throw at each other (hard I might add). My childhood wouldn't have been the same without you, Joseph or Josh. I have a question for you.. Do you still stick your tongue out when you are hitting someone???? Hahaha! Great memories! I've missed out on a lot of things but there's no way I'm letting any of you go. I love you all very much and you hold a special place in my heart por vida ( the chola in me came out for a moment).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK so I'm crying..........that was really beautiful and Jessica's comment was fantastic as well. I love all of you so much!!!!-Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I read your blog you make me cry ..I love the way you write..
    You Rock ..You make me a very proud Big Seester!
    -T

    ReplyDelete
  4. JR,
    Just sitting here @ my computer (something I hardly ever do, especially this late @ night...10:06 PM) I was "cleaning" up all my "Bookmarks" & came across your bookmark to this...Random Acts...your Blog Page. Of course I should be getting ready for work tomorrow, but no I have found myself reading some of your OLD Blogs. I LOVE this Blog of the
    4 J's.....I actually am the one who started with the picture taking when your were all babies! I have always enjoyed taking them, I am so a picture-holic Aunt! Because your names all start with a "J", I would always tell you guys....When you grow up, you can start a Band & call your Band...The 4's!
    From the get go...I have loved all you J's....I have seen all you guys grow up together...I have all the pictures to show for it!! I hold a special place in my heart for you guys!! Love you always..... Auntie Cindy!

    ReplyDelete