Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Guilt complex.......

I used to toss and turn in my bed when I was 6-9 years contemplating which direction I would face when I would fall asleep. The reason was that I felt if I faced South (I didn't know which direction South was at the time, I have since learned) then I would be facing the direction of my Grandma Carrillo's house and it meant that I somehow loved her more that my Grandma and Grandpa Rincon's house which was North. Of course the opposite was true also that if I faced my wall then I love my mom's parents more. I honestly felt in my heart that they would some how know or sense it.

It's funny to me now, how silly it sounds, but I think that I truly had an anxiety issue from early on and it used to trouble me terribly at the time. In case you were wondering, I no longer have this anxiety; I can fall asleep comfortably almost anywhere and please know that if you are reading this, regardless of which direction I am facing.......you are loved. JR =)

No comments:

Post a Comment